Friday, August 17, 2012

Photos of the Week: Star Wars and Santa Cruzin'


It's been another great week for photos and cool car talk over on the Reynolds Buick GMC Facebook Page, with a HUGE increase in traffic. We hope that means you folks enjoy what we do and will keep coming back to visit.

The top twp photos this week are related. In the top spot is "Star Wars," a posed factory photo of the powerful '67 Buick 430 V8 engine showing off the one year only "Star Wars" air cleaner. The unit was highly styled and made out of fiberglass with chrome emblems and BUICK letters, and was standard on the Buick GS models including the Riviera GS.


And that brings us to the second most popular photo, called "Santa Cruzin"- a photo I took myself of a 1967 Riviera GS that I saw parked on the Santa Cruz pier, which just happened to have the big 430 and "Star Wars" air cleaner under the hood, without the hay bales this time.

And I suppose it wasn't entirely random, since I had ridden in the car all the way down from Pescadero and onto the pier, and technically I did drive it home. And with just over 51,000 original miles, I cam say that this one drives as good as it looks. I will say too that we got a lot of "thumbs up" from the friendly folks on the pier.

So be sure and visit the Reynolds Buick GMC Facebook Page for lots of new images every day and smart conversation from knowledgable Buick fans. See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment